For Sale By Owner Sellers
For Sale By Owner Sellers
For the uninitiated, the appeal of selling one’s own home, without the assistance of a Realtor, is perfectly understandable. Who wouldn’t want to save thousands of dollars in commission fees? What many soon discover, though, is that selling a home takes a great deal of time and effort, and without the training or experience of a qualified Realtor, it can seem like an almost impenetrably complicated process.
When we represent a seller, we handle the details including advertising, setting the right price, promoting and staffing open houses, and the nitty-gritty of final negotiations. We work for you, taking care of all the behind-the-scenes minutia of which you may not even be aware. That’s our job, and we love it.
Here are a few things to consider if you’re thinking about selling your home privately:
- Without training or long-term experience navigating the real estate market, it can be extremely difficult to price your home correctly. We have expert knowledge about current market conditions because we are working in them every day, meaning we know how to set a price that will net you the greatest return.
- A property depreciates the longer it is on the market, yet those who sell their homes ‘By Owner’ usually have neither the time nor the expertise to properly market their home and get it sold fast. Anytime a private seller is away from home or busy with other things, their property is effectively unavailable for purchase. We aggressively advertise, to qualified buyers, the homes we represent until they are sold, keeping their days on the market to a minimum. Further, we make ourselves available to present homes according to buyers’ schedules, not just when it’s convenient for us.
- Sellers not represented by Realtors tend to be targets for investors or bargain hunters looking to take advantage of an inexperienced seller, securing a property at below its true market value. These people know qualified real estate professionals won’t let their clients compromise their own interests.
- Potential buyers who can’t actually qualify for financing also may approach For Sale by Owner listings in the hopes of being financed by the seller. While some sellers are in a position to enter into this type of agreement as an investment, it’s certainly not for everyone.
- Real estate professionals can pre-screen potential buyers visiting the homes they represent, minimizing wasted time and increasing security.
- Managing a private sale usually takes at least 80 hours’ worth of work, and comes with myriad out-of pocket expenses for things like advertising and promotion, the creation of signage, copying and distributing paperwork, and so on. If the property doesn’t sell, the owner still has to pay those costs; when you’re represented by us, those become our expenses, not yours.
If you are considering selling your home by owner, first give us the opportunity to sit down with you and discuss your options, without obligation.
Click HERE for your FREE home evaluation or contact us today